Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thomas's Birthday

It has been a while since I have done any decent posting. This is entirely due to the fact that my darling husband is being a big pooter HOG!!! Nah...actually we have been quite ill here, so any time I have to do the fun stuff, I am far too busy stalking everyone else's blogs, than providing interesting fodder on mine!


But now that things have settled down a bit, I can do a few posts on things that have happened lately. Not in any order, just as I think of them!

So this little fellow turned 7!! I simply cannot believe how much time has gone by since I first had him. We had him measured that week too...can you believe he is 141cm tall and 27kg????? I don't think I was that tall in GRADE 7 let alone at 7!!!!!





We had a mammoth birthday party for him too. Greg and I dressed us as a Swamp Monster and Valma from Scooby Doo and we led the kids around on a treasure hunt through the reserve across the road. It was as much fun for us as it was for the 24 kids we had over! I know it was a lot, but Thomas has lots of school friends that he wanted there, so we cut off invites to school buddies and his best mate since birth and his one true love (his words, not mine!) and somehow we ended up with a class full of children! But it was cool. After they were totally worn out wirh games and roleplaying we fed them a feast them locked them in the movie room to watch Scooby Doo on the big screen. We were a little worried at how they would all sit and watch for all that time, but they were awesome and loved it! Yay!

Thomas received stacks of Lego for his birthday...but it was not enough. He has since discovered the Lego website and has a massive wish list ready for Christmas. I have no idea where he gets his compulsive collectors gene??!?

2 comments:

Belinda Venables said...

Happy birthday Thomas - sounds like you had a fabulous time!
Belinda
xx

Michelle Lindenmayer said...

Darn that Lego website - knowledge is not always a good thing. There's a wishlist at my place too!

Glad the party was a hoot!