Thursday, July 14, 2011

We're home!

I love school holidays...most of the time. Last year I decided that holidays were a great time to do all the things I used to love doing with the kids before they went to school instead of dropping them at vacation care (where they thought they wanted to be!). So every holiday is now a bit of a challenge to fill with playdates and fun activities.

This time around, we did lots of new things and a couple of old things and had lots of new experiences with the littles one. It is a mazing how adding a new person into an activity can change it so much (for better or worse!)


I took Annie shoe shopping for the first time...these are the ones she picked out. I was leaning towards a pretty red patent pair, but she was quite adament that these would be the ones we went home with! Not tantrums, just a few choice actions...


We went to Caloundra and spent a couple of nights with Greg's parents. So nice to spend quality time together.


We had icecream at the beach...in freezing cold windy weather!


I got a pretty good pic of Thomas...he is so handsome <3


We went macadamia nut farming for an afternoon with our very dear friends.


We went strawberry picking at Strawberry Fields - check out the dipped ones below! Yum!


We went fossiking at Opals Down Under, then spent a whole morning classifying and sorting our rocks.



My parents also joined us for a few days. We went rock walking around the point at King's Beach...it was hard caryying my camera and Annie, but I managed with a lot of help from mum and dad!





So now we are home and it is full steam ahead for fete day! I also have a stack of things in the works for Fiskars again! Yay!

No comments: